The Democratic Party is a political organization composed of people who share the same basic goals for American society. These goals can be summed up as follows:
- Foster an environment of equality, diversity, and most of all love, such that the downtrodden and underrepresented may succeed.
- If anybody actually does succeed, tax the shit out of them until they're downtrodden again.
Democrats are also the people who make television. Producers, actors, writers, the guy that waxes Ryan Seacrest's buttocks -- Democrats all. As a result, certain themes tend to crop up throughout the medium. These include:
- Poor people good.
- Corporations bad.
- Hitler very, very bad.
- Fuck The Man!
- Unless The Man is a cop or lawyer who is working on behalf of poor people.
- Gay people are wonderful! Not quite wonderful to actually hire to fill gay roles, but they do make faaaaabulous supporting characters and running gags.
- People don't get rich through hard work and persistence. People get rich through dumb luck or the benevolence of a seemingly arbitrary coalition of their supposed superiors.
- If you submit to the brutal emasculation that is every woman's birthright, you may land a hot one even if you're a lardass.
- Religious people are either all effed up, or so danged sweet you could just barf. Of course, with Jesus having nothing better to do than hang around giving confusing tasks to angsty teenagers, it's no wonder they're such a mess.
- We must work toward a colorblind society! That's why we bused that one white kid over to UPN.