The cornerstone of ABC's new "What the Hell Do You Broads Want Anyway?" programming strategy, the dramedy premiered to critical acclaim in fall 2004, then sank into a moronic, misogynistic morass by January 2005.
Desperate Housewives features such nuanced and well-rounded characters as:
- The Ditz (played by Teri Hatcher)
- The Martha Stewart/Stepford Wife (played by Marcia Cross)
- The Trophy Wife (played by Eva Longoria)
- The Careerist Who is a Lousy Mom Because She Loves Her Job More (played by Felicity Huffman)
- The Man-Eating Hussy (played by Nicolette Sheridan)
The theme song of Desperate Housewives is Be My Lady.